Telangana State Co-operative Apex Bank Ltd
TSCAB Online Mock Test Series, Question Paper, Syllabus & Pattern
Applications are invited for Appointment to the post of ‘Staff Assistant’ in Telangana State Cooperative Apex Bank Ltd., (TSCAB), Hyderabad (2019-20)
- Reservation for BC-E Group will be subject to adjudication of the litigation pending before the Hon’ble Courts and issue of Government Orders thereon.
- Reservation under BC Categories is applicable to candidates belonging to Non-Creamy Layer category only.
- The number of vacancies as also the number of reserved vacancies notified above, is provisional and may vary according to the actual requirement. Further the Bank reserves the right to enhance or lower down the vacancies as per requirements at the time of final selection/appointment.
- The Bank reserves the right to fill up the vacancies that may arise subsequently on account of retirements, promotions, resignations and in accordance with the decision of the Board of Management of the Bank, from out of the waitlist, during the validity period of the waitlist as per service regulations in force from time to time.
- Where there are no vacancies in a particular category, candidate belonging to such category will be considered under OC (Open Competition). However, such candidates will be eligible for application fee concession/Age relaxation, as the case may be, as per notification.
- PAY SCALE & EMOLUMENTS :
Rs.11765–655/3–13730–815/3–16175–980/4–20095–1145/7–28110–2120/1–30230–1310/1–31540 (20 stages) plus eight stagnation increments of Rs.1310/- each at a frequency of 3 years upto 5 stagnation increments and sixth, seventh and eighth stagnation increments will be released two years after receipt of fifth, sixth and seventh stagnation increments respectively. Further, Two additional graduation increments will be extended.
Approximate Gross emoluments at the minimum of scale of pay of Staff Asst., would be about Rs.26,000/-(as at August, 2019) plus other allowances such as Contributory PF, Medical Allowance, Medical Reimbursement, Leave Encashment, LTC/LTC Encashment, Conveyance Allowance, etc.
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA – NATIVITY:
Candidate should be a local candidate of the State of Telangana.
The following will be the methodology adopted to define the local candidate of the Telangana State :
Definition of the local candidate of Telangana State
- ‘Local Area’ (Local candidate of State of Telangana) in tune with the spirit of Presidential Order 1975:
The ten (erstwhile) Telangana districts, viz., Adilabad, Hyderabad, Rangareddy, Karimnagar, Khammam, Mahabubnagar, Medak, Nalgonda, Nizamabad and Warangal, shall be regarded as ‘Local Area’ of Telangana State.
- Local Candidate – ‘Local Area’ :
- A candidate for direct recruitment, shall be regarded as local candidate in relation to the ‘Local Area’ on the following conditions :
- If he/she has studied in an educational institution(s) in ‘Local Area’ above, for a period of not less than four consecutive academic years ending with the academic year in which he/she appeared or, as the case may be, first appeared for SSC or equivalent examination ; or
- Where during the whole or any part of the four consecutive academic years ending with the academic year in which he/she appeared or as the case may be, first appeared for the SSC or equivalent examination he/she has not studied in any educational institution(s), if he/she has resided in the ‘Local Area’ above for a period of not less than four years immediately preceding the date of commencement of the SSC or equivalent examination in which he appeared or as the case may be, first appeared.
- A candidate for direct recruitment, who is not regarded as local candidate under sub-paragraph (1) above, in relation to the ‘Local Area’ shall:
- If he/she has studied in an educational institution(s) in the State, for a period of not less than Seven consecutive academic years ending with the academic year in which he/she appeared or, as the case may be, first appeared for SSC or equivalent examination be regarded as a local candidate in relation to :
- Local Area as above if he/she has studied in the Local Areas for the maximum period out of the said period of seven years ; or
- Where the period of his/her study in the local areas specified above and other areas, are equal, if he/she has studied last in the local area specified above, in such equal periods ;
- If during the whole or any part of the Seven consecutive academic years ending with the academic year in which he/she appeared or as the case may be, first appeared for the SSC or equivalent examination he/she has not studied in any educational institution(s) in Local Area, but has resided in the State during the whole of the said period of seven years, be regarded as a local candidate in relation to :
- Local Area specified above if he/she has resided for a maximum period out of the said period of seven years in the Local Areas ; or
- Where the periods of his residence in the Local Area and other areas are equal, if he/she has resided last in the Local Areas in such equal periods ;
- (a) In reckoning the consecutive academic years during which a candidate has studied, any period of interruption of his study by reason of his failure to pass any examination, shall be disregarded.
- The question, whether any candidate for direct recruitment to any post has resided in the local area shall be determined with reference to the places where the candidate actually resided and not with reference to the residence of his parents or other guardian.
- If the claim for local candidature is based on study, the candidate is required to produce a certificate from the Educational Institution(s) where he/she has studied during the said 4/7 year period in the ‘Local Area’. If, however, it is based on residence, a certificate should be obtained from an officer of the Revenue Department not below the rank of a Mandal Revenue Officer/Tahsildar in independent charge of a Mandal that he has resided in the districts of ‘Local Area’.
- If, however, a candidate has resided in more than one Mandal / District during the relevant 4/7 year period but within the Districts of ‘Local Area’ as the case may be, separate certificates from the Mandal Revenue Officers exercising jurisdiction have to be obtained in respect of different areas of the ‘Local Area’.
- In the normal course, Single Certificate, whether of study or residence would suffice for enabling the candidate to apply as a candidate belonging to the Local Area ;
- Residence Certificate will not be accepted, if a candidate has studied in any educational institution upto SSC or equivalent examination. Such candidates have to produce study certificates invariably. The candidates who acquired degree from Open Universities without studying SSC/Matriculation or equivalent in educational institutions, have to submit residence certificate only.
- In reckoning the consecutive academic years during which a candidate has studied, any period of interruption of his study due to his failure to pass any examination, shall be disregarded.
- AGE (as on 01.09.2019):
OC-20 years – 28 years (As on 01.09.2019) i.e., candidates should have been born on or after 02.09.1991, but not later than 01.09.1999 (both dates inclusive).
Relaxation of upper age limit :
|1||Scheduled Caste/Scheduled tribe Candidates||5 years|
|2||Backward Class Candidates||3 years|
|3||Physically Challenged – General Category||10 years|
|4||Physically Challenged – SC/ST Category||15 years|
|5||Physically Challenged – BC Category Candidates||13 years|
|6||Ex-serviceman/ Disabled Ex-serviceman||Actual period of service rendered in defence|
|services + a relaxation of 3 years for OC|
|category ; 6 years for BC Category|
|candidates and 8 years for SC/ST in respect|
|of ex-serviceman under disabled category ;|
|subject to a maximum age of 50 years.|
|7||Widows, Divorced women and women judicially||Maximum age limit is 35 years for General|
|separated from their husbands & who are not||candidates, 38 years for BCs and 40 years|
|remarried||for SC/ST Candidates|
|8||Candidates who have been in continuous service in||Upper age limit shall be relaxed to the|
|any Cooperative/Commercial Bank and joined its||extent of maximum period of 5 years of|
|service before he/she attained 28 years.||service; subject to a maximum age of 33|
|Sl. No.||Name of Tests||No. of||Max.||Time allotted for each test|
|(Not by sequence)||questions||Marks||(Separately timed)|
|1||General/Financial Awareness||50||50||35 Minutes|
|2||General English||40||40||35 Minutes|
|3||Reasoning Ability & Computer||50||50||45 Minutes|
|4||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 minutes|
PENALTY FOR WRONG ANSWERS:
There will be penalty for wrong answers marked in the Objective Tests. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate one fourth or 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty to arrive at corrected score. If a question is left blank, i.e., no answer is marked by the candidate, there will be no penalty for that question.
- If the examination is held in more than one session, the scores across various sessions will be equated to adjust for slight differences in difficulty level of different test batteries used across sessions. More than one session are required if the nodes capacity is less or some technical disruption takes place at any center or for any candidate.
- Each candidate will have to secure a minimum score in each of the tests as well as on the total score. The cut-off points to qualify in each of the tests will be decided based on the group norms. Mere passing in individual tests may not be sufficient as candidates should also score sufficiently high on Total in order of merit.
- QUALIFYING IN THE ONLINE TEST/EXAMINATION:
Candidates will have to pass in each of the objective test. The passing marks in each of the test will be decided by the Bank on the basis of the performance of all the competing candidates taken together in each test to a minimum required level. Candidates are also required to score minimum marks on aggregate to be considered. Minimum marks on aggregate will be decided by the Bank. There is provision for relaxation in marks for SC/ST/BC/PC/EXS candidates.
The marks obtained in the Online test will be the basis for selection and there will be no interviews.
The final selection will be based on Online Written Test only conducted by IBPS and no interviews will be conducted in this recruitment process.
The Scores of Online Examination will be obtained by adopting the following procedure:
- Number of questions answered correctly by a candidate in each objective test is considered for arriving at the Corrected Score after applying penalty for wrong answers.
- The Corrected Scores so obtained by a candidate are made equivalent to take care of the minor difference in difficulty level, if any, in each of the objective tests held in different sessions to arrive at the Equated Scores*.
*Scores obtained by candidates on any test are equated to the base form by considering the distribution of scores of all the forms.
- Test-wise scores and scores on total is reported with decimal points upto two digits.
Note : Cutoffs may be applied in two stages :
- On scores in individual tests
- On Total Score
Test/Examination Centres :
The examination will be conducted online in venues in the following places across the State of Telangana :
For More Details: Click Here